Palm Beach County: (561) 985-1727
Broward County: (954) 946-7174
4 Hour Traffic School - $23.95
The Total Cost for the 4 Hour Traffic School Course is $23.95. Includes the 4 Hour Traffic School Course, all taxes and fees and the Original Traffic School Certificate of Completion.
Affinity Traffic School is one of the few State Certified Traffic Schools in Florida.
Affinity Traffic School in Florida offers a variety of online traffic school and defensive driving courses which are approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DMV) for all 67 Florida Counties. If you’re looking for a Court Approved Defensive Driving School, Affinity Traffic School is Florida’s No. 1 choice!
The 4 Hour Traffic School Course is also known as:
» basic driver improvement course
» 4 hour bdi course
» 4 hour traffic school
» defensive driving school (DDS)
» traffic collision avoidance | tcac
» red light course
Reasons for Attending the 4 Hour Traffic School
|Electing to attend traffic school to remove the points||Court Ordered Traffic School|
•No points added to your driving record
|•You were a driver in a crash and are found at fault
•Someone was transported to the hospital or
•You had two crashes in a two-year period, which resulted in property damage greater than $500.
When you receive a traffic ticket in Florida, you have 30 days to take it to the local clerk of court, and:
· Pay the traffic ticket (paying means you are admitting you are guilty and the points will be added to your driving license) or
· Elect to attend a 4 Hour Traffic School Course (4 Hour Basic Driver Improvement Course), then bring the certificate of completion back to the court to prove that you completed the driver improvement course and no points will be added to your driving record, or
· Go to traffic court to contest the ticket. If you decide to go to traffic court and contest your traffic ticket, the judge can adjudicate you guilty, and you will be required to attend traffic school, the points will be added on your License, you will pay a fine and your insurance rates will be raised.
The department of highway safety and motor vehicles (DMV) is authorized to suspend the license of any person who has accumulated 12 or more points within 12 months. Points are calculated by the date you received the traffic ticket.
· 12 points accumulated in 12 months will result in a 30 day suspension of your driving privilege.
· 18 points accumulated in 18 months (including points from a 12 point suspension) will result in a 3-month suspension of your driving privilege.
· 24 points accumulated in 36 months (including points from a 12 point and /or 18 point suspension) will result in a one-year suspension of your driving privilege.
You must complete a 4 hour traffic school course to avoid points on your drivers license, or if a judge ordered you to attend a red light course or a tcac course (Traffic Collision Avoidance Course) as a result of a red light violation. The 4 hour traffic school course is also known as defensive driving course or basic driver improvement course.
Our 4 hour traffic school course (basic driver improvement course or 4 hour dds) is Florida court and dmv approved for all 67 Florida Counties.
To register for our dmv approved 4 hour traffic school course, just click the button below!
Traffic Ticket Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does this 4 hour traffic school course cost?
The price of the 4 hour traffic school course is $23.95. This includes all processing fees and the original traffic school certificate of completion. Your original completion certificate must be mailed directly from our office to you. Normally this process can take anywhere from 3-5 business days, although you can select an expedited mailing process. Our staff can e-mail you a secure copy of your certificate for a small fee of $9.95. You can also order a certificate copy to be mailed to you.
2. How do I pay for the 4 hour traffic school course?
You can pay for the course by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). After you fill out the registration form, you are linked to a secure page where payment is quick and effortless. The site is encrypted, making your online purchase completely safe.
3. What if the deadline for the completion of my 4 hour traffic school has passed?
Please contact the Clerk of Court for instructions regarding the extension of your due date and then call us back. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to extend your due date.
4. Can I elect to attend the 4 hour traffic school after I’ve already paid the ticket?
No. The election must be made when you pay the ticket. When you receive a traffic ticket, you may earn points against your driving record, which when accumulated may cause your license to be suspended.
5. Do I have to complete the 4 hour traffic school in one sitting?
No, take as long as you want to finish the course. You can do one section after another if you wish, but most of our students read at their leisure.